Auteur Topic: Family comming to The Netherlands  (gelezen 10030 keer)

Offline JM

• Bijna volwaardig lid
  • Geslacht: Vrouw
  • Ik steun Mixed-Couples
  • Nationaliteit partner: Dutch
Family comming to The Netherlands
« Gepost op: 07 januari 2020, 20:32:02 »
Hello,

Here I am again! My partner and I have 11 years together. He is Dutch and we lived in the Netherlands for around two and a half years, then in  2014 we moved to the Dominican Republic. Now we have 3 children and we are thinking to  go back in about 3 or 4 years, when they are ready to start school (one boy of 21 months old and twins o three months old).

I did have my residence already when i was living in the Netherlands and i passed all the exams except for one, so I couldn't i apply for the citizenship, and the kids of course are dutch, we own a successful business in the DR...

So, my question is about:  with which procedure should i apply to come in to the Netherlands? Since my partner will come in with us and he doesn't have a job?

I saw there is a possibility to come as parent of a dutch minor.

https://ind.nl/en/family/Pages/parent(s)-of-a-minor-Dutch-child.aspx

I go to the Netherlands with a Schengen visa (type C) and them once i am there, I apply for the residence?

Also, when when would this residence expired? how many years they give you? and if i can apply to be permanent resident or citizenship?

Thanks for your future answer.

Julia

Offline Prawo

• X.O.
  • Deskundige
  • Geslacht: Man
  • Nog steeds bereid en in staat hulp te bieden
    • Prawo Advies
Re: Family comming to The Netherlands
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 08 januari 2020, 17:13:22 »
Dear Julia,

as you have Dutch children and you are their care taker you can indeed apply for a residency as the parent of a Dutch child once ou are in The Netherlands.
You can keep this residency till your youngest child turns 18 so this will give you plenty of time to find another possibility to change your permit as this so called "Chavez" permit is not enough to apply for naturalization.

You should be able to get a free visa directly from the Dutch embassy.
In two ways:
1) you proof you are the daily care taker of at least one of your children
or
2) your husband plans a holiday trip to one of the following Schengen countries on this page http://www.vfsglobal.com/Netherlands/DominicanRepublic/Spanish/Representation-of-other-schengen-countries.html in which case without any extra formalities than proving he makes that trip, and you will joinn him plus show your marriage certificate your get a visa for 90 days.
Are you not married, in that case you add the birth certificate of a child that you are taking on the trip.

To apply for those visa you should NOT make an appointment at VFS but send an e-mail to the Dutch embassy (or use this form: https://www.paisesbajosytu.nl/contacto-con-embajadas-o-representaciones) requesting an appointment directly access at the embassy. The HAVE TO GIVE you this appointment within two weeks.
As of 1 February you can apply for your visa six months before your planned trip. In all cases you mention you want a so called "faciliterend visum".

In the end option 2) should go more smoothly! So consider and prepare well your options.

Once you have a visa it can be used to come also to The Netherlands, however it is wise to travel first directly to Germany as there they do know and apply the EU rules correctly (which unfortunately cannot be said about Belgium).

Offline Prawo

• X.O.
  • Deskundige
    • Prawo Advies
« Reactie #2 Gepost op: 08 januari 2020, 17:26:49 »
Keep in mind rules can changed in 4-5 years.

But option 2 can of course be used already now for a short trip to visit familie and friends.

Offline JM

• Bijna volwaardig lid
  • Geslacht: Vrouw
  • Ik steun Mixed-Couples
  • Nationaliteit partner: Dutch
« Reactie #3 Gepost op: 10 januari 2020, 15:36:43 »
Thanks, I already got a visa for two years and i traveled to  the EU via Belgium.

That time when i went to the Consulate they asked me for the visa fee... they didn't have any idea how it worked.. so next time i will contact the embassy, maybe when i get the passports for the twins.

Another question: Which will be the best option to apply for naturalization or change the CHAVEZ permit? For example, We move to Holland and after sometime i want to become dutch, because in fact i was an exam away to do so, what will be my next best option?

Regards,

Julia

Offline Prawo

• X.O.
  • Deskundige
    • Prawo Advies
« Reactie #4 Gepost op: 19 januari 2020, 23:43:02 »
With I Chavez permit you cannot ask for the Dutch nationality.
You can use it come and stay in The Netherlands, but before you can apply for naturalization you should change your permit to another one, for instance to stay with your husband. Of coure in that case he has to fulfill the income requirement.