Auteur Topic: Changing purpose of stay  (gelezen 2681 keer)

Offline Cena

• Nog nieuw en fris
  • Geslacht: Man
  • Ik steun Mixed-Couples
  • Nationaliteit partner: Netherlands
Changing purpose of stay
« Gepost op: 10 december 2018, 23:26:03 »
Hello, I am new here. I tried to post in some other threads, but apparently I can't. Hopefully posting here is fine. My apologizes in advance.

So I came to Netherlands last August 2018 with purpose of stay is studying, but I have other purpose is which staying with my girlfriend. But since I am 20 years old. and I wanted to finish my education. I just applied for a university and came here under studying purpose, however I will be 21 soon and I want to change my purpose of stay to staying with Dutch partner. But I have 2 main questions about it.

1- My Dutch partner does not work, she gets "wajong uitkering". Am I still eligible to apply or not? Ofc with acknowledging all other conditions.
2- We are not married or registered partnership. However we already live together. Do we need to get married or get into registered partnership? Or being gf/bf is fine?

This is it for now. Thanks in advance!

Offline Prawo

• X.O.
  • Deskundige
  • Nog steeds bereid en in staat hulp te bieden
    • Prawo Advies
Re: Changing purpose of stay
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 11 december 2018, 10:31:35 »
1- My Dutch partner does not work, she gets "wajong uitkering". Am I still eligible to apply or not? Ofc with acknowledging all other conditions.
This is a question about: can she qualify as yous sponsor (referent)? This all depends if she can be freed of his obligation to provide for you and herself together. This is a rather complicated issue under Dutch immigration rules.

2- We are not married or registered partnership. However we already live together. Do we need to get married or get into registered partnership? Or being gf/bf is fine?
The time you live together with a Dutch national will count for the period you will be legible for the shortened period necessary to qualify for Dutch citizenship (3 years in stead of 5). However as a student you will never qualify so you should change your residence status before you can apply for Dutch nationality.

In this case I would advice you to apply for a change of residence permit to stay with your gf where you will show she does not have to comply with the income requirement as she is "langdurig blijvend arbeidsongeschikt".
Should this not succeed you can always continue studying (however you wil not have the benefit of paying less for your studies).

Offline Cena

• Nog nieuw en fris
  • Ik steun Mixed-Couples
« Reactie #2 Gepost op: 11 december 2018, 11:02:38 »
This is a question about: can she qualify as yous sponsor (referent)? This all depends if she can be freed of his obligation to provide for you and herself together. This is a rather complicated issue under Dutch immigration rules.
The time you live together with a Dutch national will count for the period you will be legible for the shortened period necessary to qualify for Dutch citizenship (3 years in stead of 5). However as a student you will never qualify so you should change your residence status before you can apply for Dutch nationality.

In this case I would advice you to apply for a change of residence permit to stay with your gf where you will show she does not have to comply with the income requirement as she is "langdurig blijvend arbeidsongeschikt".
Should this not succeed you can always continue studying (however you wil not have the benefit of paying less for your studies).

1- I am trying to call the IND for weeks, every time on the line for 10-15 mins waiting. Eventually nothing so I hung up. I shall keep trying.
2- I am not worried about the Dutch nationality. All what I want to do is make her my sponsor/partner without marrying/registering partnership. I am more interested into the Dutch permanent residence though. Does it also require 3 years instead of 5 if living with partner/sponsor? 

Idc about the tuition fees either for the university. One of the main reasons I want to change my residence is that I won't have restriction on working anymore (Beside longer residence). As far as I understood I will have same rights as my partner/sponsor. Currently, since I am Egyptian and an International university student. I can't work more than 16 hours a week + I need work permit. No company want to apply for a work permit for me which is annoying.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Prawo

• X.O.
  • Deskundige
    • Prawo Advies
« Reactie #3 Gepost op: 11 december 2018, 11:12:09 »
If Zeist (near Utrecht) is not to far, you could make an appointment with me to handle our case.

Offline Cena

• Nog nieuw en fris
  • Ik steun Mixed-Couples
« Reactie #4 Gepost op: 11 december 2018, 14:22:15 »
If Zeist (near Utrecht) is not to far, you could make an appointment with me to handle our case.
It is far kinda, I am all the way in Boxtel haha. But I was just curious if wajonh uitkering is fine, but I believe only the IND can give me the answer for it.

Offline Prawo

• X.O.
  • Deskundige
    • Prawo Advies
« Reactie #5 Gepost op: 11 december 2018, 15:53:34 »
It's not wise to rely on IND information if a situation is not a standard one.

The train from Boxtel to Driebergen-Zeist takes about one hour 15 minutes. Less than to your home country I think.

Offline Cena

• Nog nieuw en fris
  • Ik steun Mixed-Couples
« Reactie #6 Gepost op: 11 december 2018, 16:36:00 »
I did call the IND and they finally picked up. My parnter needs to have 80-100% income from the minimum wage if having wajong uitkering. My partner currently have 60%. Too bad for me then. I will try to figure out another way.

Also I am sorry. I don't feel comfortable meeting up with strangers from the internet, hope you understand.

Offline Prawo

• X.O.
  • Deskundige
    • Prawo Advies
« Reactie #7 Gepost op: 11 december 2018, 17:23:19 »
I did call the IND and they finally picked up. My parnter needs to have 80-100% income from the minimum wage if having wajong uitkering. My partner currently have 60%. Too bad for me then. I will try to figure out another way.
In individual cases someone better consults an expert for a more personalized advice.

Also I am sorry. I don't feel comfortable meeting up with strangers from the internet, hope you understand.
In general I'm rather suspicious if its the foreigner that seeks the advice and not the Dutch partner.
Apparently you have no clue whom you are dealing with. Better ask you Dutch partner. See https://www.marktplaats.nl/wijzigAdvertentie/m1276896542.html

Offline Cena

• Nog nieuw en fris
  • Ik steun Mixed-Couples
« Reactie #8 Gepost op: 11 december 2018, 19:42:56 »
Okay apparently I don't,  I found this forums by luck while googling. I like the reviews about you. Can we talk in private? I'm interested now. I can't send forum PM.

Offline Prawo

• X.O.
  • Deskundige
    • Prawo Advies
« Reactie #9 Gepost op: 12 december 2018, 19:39:54 »
I'm interested now. I can't send forum PM.

Forum users can send each other messages. That's rather simple. The way is to use the buttons under a user name left of each message.
Besides it's wise to read the signature under messages. Mine mentionnes the possibility to contact me.

Offline Cena

• Nog nieuw en fris
  • Ik steun Mixed-Couples
« Reactie #10 Gepost op: 08 januari 2019, 21:10:00 »
Is it possible to advice me of the options I have to apply and meet the requirements for the residence? We do meet all other conditions beside the income condition. I can update you with all information needed. I tried to PM you in this forums, but I can't see it in my inbox. Idk why.

Thanks in advance.